A successful language revitalization plan reflects the ideas, beliefs and goals of people in the community. This section addresses how to develop a plan that reflects the community.
Contributions from the community will ensure the plan:
- Brings the community together with a united vision and purpose
- Builds momentum and creates community interest and excitement
- Respects transparency, collaboration and openness in the language planning process
- Integrates inter-generational knowledge and perspectives by seeking the wisdom, guidance and ideas of both Elders and youth
- Welcomes traditional and elected leaders to provide input, guidance and advocacy
This section provides instructions and a template for creating a communication and engagement plan. A communication and engagement plan outlines ways to welcome community participation throughout the planning process. A communication and engagement plan also outlines who should be brought into the process, when to include them and why.
This section includes: